Paradise Valley has been endowed with the moniker, “Beverly Hills of Arizona” for its neighborhoods that could give the original California counterpart a run for its money. It has world-class golf courses, grand luxury homes, a commercial district with a variety of dining and shopping options, and wonderful trails and open spaces for nature-tripping and other outdoor adventures.
The town, located in the central portion of the Greater Phoenix area, is also just 3.5 miles away from Scottsdale and 8. away from Phoenix and Tempe.
History of Paradise Valley
From a tranquil stretch of land perfect for cattle grazing, a pioneering land developer, the Rio Verde Canal Company, transformed this valley into farmland. Three of its surveyors were assigned to this vast land and fell in love with its natural beauty. They decided to settle in it and give it the name it has today – Paradise Valley.
New settlers came in droves to Paradise Valley only after World War 2. In an effort to protect their community from being taken over by Phoenix or Scottsdale, these residents petitioned for the incorporation of Paradise Valley. They succeeded, and the town of Paradise Valley was established on May 24, 1961.
Real Estate in Paradise Valley
Paradise Valley is the epitome of luxury living in Arizona. Luxury homes for sale in Paradise Valley include million-dollar mansions and grand estates. Majority of these homes are typically on one-acre lots that give lots of elbow room for growth and development of both indoor and outdoor spaces.
Architectural styles of these homes come in an entire spectrum of variations, from desert houses to modern designs. Here, you can even find signature homes designed by legendary architect Frank Lloyd Wright.
Top neighborhoods in Paradise Valley include:
- Camelback Country Club Estates
- La Place Du Sommet
- Camelback Manor
- Tennis Ranch on Camelback
- Merrill Cantatierra
- Doubletree Acres
- Warren Ranchos
- Hummingbird Estates
- Northfield Estates
- Malcolm Estates
Lifestyle and Attractions in Paradise Valley
- The scenic landscape and year-round warm climate make Paradise Valley an ideal destination for nature enthusiasts. The town has miles of hiking and biking trails, including the Cholla Trailhead on Camelback Mountain and the Echo Canyon Trailhead. The lakes dotting the area (Horseshoe Lake, Bartlett Lake, and Lake Pleasant) also give residents the chance to engage in watersports like boating, fishing, and waterskiing.
- In and around Paradise Valley, you will find several of the finest golf courses. Most popular among these is the Camelback Golf Club, managed by the historic Camelback Inn. It boasts of two 18-hole golf courses that offer a delightful golfing experience. Other scenic golf courses within and around the vicinity of Paradise Valley are the Paradise Valley Country Club and the Phoenician Golf Club.
- Shopping hubs located in and around Paradise Valley provide an extensive array of merchandise from branded boutique pieces to budget finds. Shop until you drop at the Seville Shopping Center, the Shops Gainey Village, Biltmore Fashion Park, and Scottsdale Fashion Square.
- Paradise Valley also has restaurants serving popular soul food and organic culinary delights. Among its finest are the iconic Mexican eatery, El Chorro; the classic Rusconi’s American Kitchen; and Elements, an American restaurant serving elegant farm-fresh meals.
Find your new home in this thriving city with the help of the Carol Royse Team, Arizona’s top group of real estate agents. Give the team a call today at480.776.5231 or send an email to carol(at)carolroyse(dotted)com.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.