Phoenix, Arizona charms residents and visitors with the beauty of its desert surroundings and the resort-like feel of its lifestyle. And, as the fourth most fitness-obsessed state in America, ninth among the best taco cities, and the fourth best city for vegans and vegetarians, Phoenix has a lot going for it to please diverse tastes.
That’s not all. In Metro Phoenix, there are 12 luxury homes listed for more than $16 million. Which indicates that Phoenix serves the good life for those who want it the best of the best. There are enough championship golf resorts, posh hotels, deluxe retail, and gourmet dining to cater to the city’s most discerning.
Here’s a guide to Phoenix’s most singular luxury experiences:
Best Boutique Shopping
Frances | 10 W Camelback Road
- Named “Best Boutique” by Phoenix NSew Times readers 15 times, Frances is a long-running staple in Phoenix. Modern with vintage charm, Frances is one of the must-see retail places in Phoenix, AZ for a curated selection of clothing, jewelry and accessories, home essentials, paper goods, and novelty and artisan gifts.
Phoenix General | 5538 N 7th Street
- Step inside Phoenix General and you get a feel of artfully designed and curated space. A polished boutique evoking a Desert Modern collection of women’s and men’s clothing and gift items. Voted “Best Clothing Store “ by Phoenix Times since 2018, Phoenix General takes pride in featuring ethical, high-quality, sustainable gifts from local and international designers and artists.
The Clotherie | 2502 E Camelback Road
- Named as the best Arizona men’s store by Esquire and Ranking Arizona, The Clotherie is a must-see place in Phoenix for the world’s finest luxury clothing and sportswear. First opened in 1969, The Clotherie brings timeless style and international sophistication when dressing men of all ages. The high-end boutique carries an extensive selection of international brands like Eton, Canali, and Ermenegildo Zegna.
Vida Moulin | 1568 E. Bethany Home Road
- Showcasing modern bohemian and beach lifestyle, Vida Moulin features women’s clothing, swimwear, and accessories from independent brands. You can also shop for home decor and gift products. Buy online and in their North Phoenix store.
Best Wine Bars
The Whining Pig
- With several locations spread throughout the Valley, The Whining Pig has been the go-to craft and wine bar in Phoenix since 2013. It’s one of the fun places to be with = friends and friends. The vibe is warm and inviting with a few patrons spending time playing board games. The Whining Pig offers an ever-changing selection of craft beers and local and international wines.
Far Away Wine and Provisions | 3031 E Indian School Road,Phoenix, AZ
- Voted best wine bar by Phoenix Times for 2022, Far Away Wine and Provisions has tasty offerings of unique wines that fill the bar back to front. The 30-seater features a rotating menu of reds, whites, rosés, and orange wines. Pair with bites inspired from wine bars across the globe.
The Cellar | 5030 E Warner Rd #3, Phoenix, AZ 85044, Phoenix, AZ, Phoenix, AZ
- If you’re serious about wine, The Cellar is one of the best places to visit in Phoenix, Arizona. The bar features a revolving menu of world’s best wine varieties, from whites, reds, rosés, and bubbles. Enjoy craft varieties brewed in Arizona, or try a wine flight from various regions every Tuesday. The Cellar Wine Club offers member discounts and privileges.
Best Day Spas
Arizona Grand Spa
- A spa day in a fantastic resort hotel such as Arizona Grand is certainly one of the most relaxing things to do in Phoenix. Arizona Grand Spa is a blissful retreat for rejuvenating facials, therapeutic body treatments, calming massages, and a variety of salon services.
- Housed at the historic Royal Palms, Alvadora Spa features Mediterranean-inspired therapies. Treatment rooms reflect touches of the Mediterranean beauty and charm of Spanish hacienda. Grand restorative experiences await guests at Acqua Dolce Suite with heated stone tables, Vichy showers, and eight-foot waterfall shower and private patio.
- Tierra Luna Spais a holistic haven at the Waldorf Astoria resort, the Arizona Biltmore. The spa takes inspiration from the earth (tierra) and the moon (luna) and reinvents the modern oasis experience with treatments incorporating local desert botanicals, freshly crushed herbs, native scents, and healing crystals
Best Makeup Artists
- Makeup artist, Allison Pynn, has worked with top celebrities. musicians, and athletes. Her make-up and styling services are well sought for editorial, advertising, television, weddings, fashion, and glam shoots. Her skills are versatile, applying a no-makeup look for athletes, natural everyday looks, and mega glam war paint when called for. Allison is also an accomplished muralist and body painter.
Christopher Bullock Beauty
- With over 15 years of experience as hairstylist and airbrush makeup artist, Christopher Bullock has covered hundreds of weddings and other special occasions. His illustrious career included makeup stints in television, movies, print, fashion shows, and events like the Sundance Film Festival. His water resistant makeup products give clients a long-lasting freshness throughout the course of an event.
- Known for her clean makeup style and natural look, Lauren Reidis one of the top makeup artists in Phoenix. Her portfolio includes commercial, print, digital and television projects, look books, weddings, and corporate events. Lauren makes her client feel confident as she applies looks that suit the occasion.
Best Hair Salons
Luxe Hair Salon | 520 W Union Hills Drive, Suite 105, Phoenix, AZ
- Voted as one of the Top 10 Hair Salons in Arizona, the full-service Luxe Hair Salon provides cutting-edge hair care services to men and women of all ages, along with bridal and special occasion packages. With 20 years in the business, Luxe Hair Salon has the experience to make clients feel their precious locks are in expert hands.
The Root Salon | 5813 N 7th Street #120,Phoenix, AZ
- This upscale salon has proven their hair care expertise for over 15 years. The Root Salon specializes in corrective hair color and modern hair design. Upstyling, highlights, and botanical therapy treatment are a few other services.
Snapdragon Salon | 347 East Camelback Road, Suite 1, Phoenix, AZ
- The stylists of Snapdragon Salon are well-versed in advanced hair cutting, styling, hair coloring , balayage, and highlights. The salon also specializes in color correction and hair extensions. Snapdragon is unique for being an education-based salon that trains, mentors, and supports their stylists. It established Firefly, a startup community for their hairdressers who want to start their own business.
Best Places to Eat
Bacanora | 1301 Grand Avenue Unit 1, Phoenix, AZ
- Lauded by Esquire as one of America’s best new restaurants, Bacanora was named in Bon Appetit’s annual list of the 50 Best New Restaurants in the US in 2022, and landed in The Restaurant List 2022 by the New York Times. At the helm of the phenomenal Mexican restaurant is James Beard nominee, Chef Rene Andrade. The menu is Sonoran-style Mexican food with unique flavors, cooked over the open flame of a wood-fired grill. The tiny, pink, pie-shaped restaurant is also one of the most fun places to eat in Phoenix, Arizona.
Quiessence at The Farm | 6106 S. 32nd St., The Farm at South Mountain, Phoenix, AZ
- Quiessence at the Farmis housed in an original farmhouse tucked in South Mountain. The Zagat-rated restaurant brings exquisite flavors and impeccable service that are a true epicurean delight. The farm-to-table menu is crafted using seasonal ingredients sourced from local growers. With a warm rustic feel and relaxing ambience, fine dining in Quiessence is definitely one of the must-things to do in Phoenix.
Binkley’s Restaurant | 2320 E Osborn Road, Phoenix, AZ
- Famed for a well-curated French-inspired modern American menu carefully constructed wine offerings, Binkley’s Restaurant is a definite must-try. Its three-hour fine dining experience begins on the terrace with appetizing light bites and then moves to the dining room for the chef-curated multi-courses. Binkley’s vibe is pleasant and unpretentious, allowing discerning gastronomes to savor exquisite courses, five-star dining, and impeccable service.
Why you too should Move to Phoenix, AZ
Phoenix became the most popular migration destination in 2021, welcoming 85,000 new residents in the greater metro area. It topped perennial favorites Dallas, TX and Orlando, FL. and is one of the fastest growing cities in the country.
If you need more reasons to move to Phoenix in addition to all its luxe offerings, here’s a list:
With an average of 300 sunny days a year, Phoenix is the perfect place to escape cold winters.
Cost of living
Phoenix is more affordable compared to other metropolitan cities such as San Francisco or New York. Considering the scorching pace of growth, Phoenix continues to offer residents a cost of living that remains slightly lower than the national average
Job opportunities in the tech industry have grown exponentially since 2021 as Phoenix ranks No.16 overall in CBRE’s 2022 Scoring Tech Talent. The city is also the hub of several Fortune 500 companies, drawing jobs in health care, finance, professional and technical services, among others.
Living in Phoenix means access to amazing attractions: more than 180 city parks, 33,000 acres of desert preserves, hiking trails in the Phoenix Mountains Preserve, and a natural habitat for wildlife in the Desert Botanical Garden.
Impressive master-planned communities
Phoenix showcases an impressive selection of private-gated communities nestled at the base of majestic mountains and with prized views of the valley. The master-planned neighborhoods offer exclusivity, tranquility, first-class golfing and top-rate amenities.
A real estate paradise for affluent homeowners
With a profusion of upscale enclaves, Phoenix and the greater Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale Metropolitan Statistical Area (Phoenix MSA) are a collective paradise for homeowners who want the best of the best.
Choose the high-end residential community that fits your lifestyle from the list below:
- Stellar Airpark Estates
Need a hangar in your own backyard to park your private plane? Then, Stellar Airpark Estates awaits you. Indulge in a come-and-go-as-you-wish lifestyle in “America’s most beautiful airpark,” the Stellar Airpark. This elite community lies within minutes of golf shops, restaurants, spas, and top attractions. The runway and taxiways are financially supported by the membership fees of the homeowners, businesses, and fixed base users.
- McCormick Ranch
One of the largest master-planned neighborhoods in Arizona, McCormick Ranch is home to two championship golf courses, McCormick Ranch Golf Club’s Palm Course and Pine Course. Amidst the lush fairways, amenities include parks, public tennis courts, 25 miles of bicycle paths, and seven man-made lakes. The prime community encompasses 67 unique subdivisions and diverse luxury listings that include single-family homes, patio homes, townhomes, condominiums, custom homes, waterfront homes, and golf course residences.
- Las Sendas
A visually stunning master-planned community in Mesa provides a luxuriously laidback lifestyle and opportunities to live a healthy life. It sits on 1,800 acres and boasts natural desert trails that will encourage you to bike, jog, or walk. The homes in this close-knit multigenerational community feature large dedicated spaces offering a sense of space and serenity. Browse multi-million dollar properties with a variety of home styles and sizes, as well as golf course homes and dwellings with desert or city views.
The 1,600-acre master-planned community features two distinct yet interconnected neighborhoods called The Park and The Retreat offering a range of amenities and price points. Residents have access to pocket and city parks, picnic areas, playgrounds, and the Grayhawk trail system. Grayhawk houses more than 4,000 residential properties spanning single-family homes, townhomes, condos, villas, and custom homes. Most properties offer views of the golf course.
- DC Ranch
Nestled at the base of McDowell Mountains, DC Ranch harmonizes the beauty of Sonoran Desert and affluent living in a prestigious neighborhood. The 4,400-acre master-planned community showcases 26 neighborhoods within four distinct villages, namely Country Club, Desert Camp, Silverleaf, and Desert Park. Residents enjoy a wealth of recreational activities, golf clubs, shopping centers, biking and walking paths, community centers, and 47 community parks. This premier neighborhood abounds in luxurious residences like single family homes, townhomes, patio homes, modern apartments, custom and semi-custom homes, and custom-designed estates.
- Arcadia – Phoenix
This idyllic neighborhood is surrounded by views of Camelback Mountain, and flowing water of the Arizona Canal. It’s a piece of real estate that has remained valuable for more than 100 years. Arcadia residents take pains to preserve the mid-century character of the neighborhood: single-family homes built on large lots, a calm oasis with sprawling green spaces and historic citrus trees. The reminders of the community’s rich past have made Arcadia the neighborhood of choice for those who want an ideal place to raise a family. Property listings include estate homes, single-family homes with large yards, upscale condos, apartments, and townhomes.
- Ocotillo – Chandler
This high-profile neighborhood near the southern end of Chandler attracts many families because it’s serene, laidback, and family friendly. In addition, Ocotillo falls under the Chandler Unified School District, whose standards have yielded outstanding results for students. The gated community also boasts the scenic 27-hole Ocotillo Golf Resort, extravagant water fountains, man-made lakes, and more than 35 different luxury neighborhoods. Considered among the 15% highest income neighborhoods, Ocotillo offers a mix of luxury homes, condos, and townhomes.
- Troon – North Scottsdale
Renowned as one of premier golfing communities in Arizona, Troon North is within minutes from the Pinnacle Peak Mountain Preserve. The hallmark of the elite community is the Troon Golf Club, offering an elevated desert golf experience. Ranked in the top 25 best golf courses in Arizona by Golf Digest, the eight-hole course weaves through the natural ravines of Pinnacle Peak. An array of luxury properties such as golf villas, single-family homes, condominiums, and townhomes blend in with the immaculate courses.
- Silverleaf – North Scottsdale
The exclusive enclave of multi-million dollar homes is the embodiment of true luxury. Known as one of the most elite neighborhoods in Arizona, Silverleaf perfectly blends luxurious living with a gorgeous landscape and an aesthetic lifestyle. Residents indulge in resort-style pampering thanks to spas and pools, and give in to the allure of walking and biking trails, parks, and golf and country clubs. Luxury homes in Silverleaf include villas, club cottages, European-style estates, custom and semi-custom homes, condominiums, and lock-and-leave penthouses.
- Circle G Ranches
This upscale community offers gracious living in luxurious estate-sized homes that sit on lots of one acre and more. Typical amenities include modern chef kitchens, kitchen island and breakfast bars, spacious spa-like master-baths, outdoor kitchens and fireplaces, and separate guest homes. Circle G Ranches is located in the City of Chandler and the SE Valley, close to tons of commercial, retail, and recreational facilities.
Find your Luxury Home in Phoenix with the Carol Royse Team
Phoenix Arizona offers an array of high-end homes that lets you live the luxury lifestyle of your choice. To find that one property that ticks all the boxes, work with luxury real estate experts, the Carol Royse Team.
Led by seasoned and top-producing Realtor Carol Royse, the team of 25 agents with 30 years of real estate experience possess an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the luxury home market. Carol and her team will help you find the finest properties and navigate the luxury market for a seamless real estate buying experience.