Chandler, AZ is a suburban city in East Valley and part of the Phoenix Metropolitan Area. Known for its award-winning golf courses and family-friendly festivals, this city also has a thriving tech economy, a wealth of recreational activities, and a diverse selection of master-planned communities.
About Chandler, AZ
Located in Maricopa County, Chandler sits just east of Phoenix, bordered by Tempe to the north and the Gila River Indian Community to the south. It lies between the City of Mesa and the Town of Gilbert.
Chandler is named after Dr. AJ Chandler, the first veterinary surgeon appointed to the Arizona Territory and the founder of the city. His vision of a community centered around a landscaped central park, as well as his promotion of irrigation engineering, was integral to the city’s future prosperity. After a century of development, Chandler evolved from a quaint farm town to one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States.
Considered one of the best places to live in Arizona, Chandler provides its residents with top-ranking school districts, world-class golf courses, and a wide variety of events and activities.
A thriving economy
Chandler lives up to its reputation as a “Community of Innovation.” The city’s diverse economy, highly educated population, and business-friendly environment provides numerous opportunities for professionals and businesses. And in terms of investment potential, Chandler’s AAA bond rating from Fitch Ratings and Moody’s Investors Service speaks for itself.
The city’s economic prosperity has been garnering attention on a national scale. It was featured on Economic Innovation Group’s 2020 report on “The Economic Well-being of the Country’s 100 Largest Cities” as the 2nd Most Prosperous Large City in the United States. Chandler’s booming tech industry is lauded for its steps towards closing the gender equity gap, especially among women professionals in STEM.
Aside from tech and STEM research, Chandler’s major industries include automotive technologies, aviation and aerospace, business and financial services, and healthcare and bioscience.
Quality of life
Chandler is the perfect place for families and older adults to settle down in. It has one the best school districts in the state, communityevents and amenities for people of all ages, and a slew of civic programs and policies that ensure a safe and secure community. The city ranked third in Dwellics’ 2022 report on the Top 100: Best Cities to Raise a Family in the West.
Arizona’s sunny climate is another big draw. Its award-winning aquatics centers and programs provide residents with high-quality pools and swimming equipment. There are more than 60 recreational parks in Chandler, ranging from large regional wildlife centers to quaint neighborhood gardens.
Chandler has everything it needs to give residents an excellent quality of life. AreaVibes gave the city a livability score of 84, which makes it the 4th best place to live in Arizona and one of the most livable places in the country.
Buying a home in Chandler is a great financial investment. According to the Arizona Realtors ® Housing Report for March 2022, median sales prices in the state are still rising, with a 35.8% year-over-year change. The Chandler housing market saw an increase of 30.1% in home prices between March 2021 and March 2022. Owning a luxury home in Chandler adds diversity to your financial portfolio and great returns on your investment.
Over the past 10 years, Chandler properties have appreciated by 157.6%. When you consider this along with the city’s economic vitality, innovative business policies, and sustainable development plans, it’s easy to see why Chandler is one of the best places for long-term real estate investments in the country.
Luxury homes for sale in Chandler, AZ
Whether you’re looking for a custom-built estate in a secluded neighborhood or a sophisticated condo at the center of an economic hub, you’ll find a vast selection of luxury homes for sale in Chandler, AZ.
The city is home to a variety of gated communities and exclusive enclaves, most of which provide homeowners with state-of-the-art amenities, gorgeously landscaped neighborhoods, and a serene quality of life.
What can you expect from a Chandler luxury property?
There’s a wide array of architectural styles in Chandler’s single-family housing market. Some of the more prominent ones include Contemporary, Ranch, Mid Century Modern, Santa Fe, Mediterranean and Pueblo Revival.
Here are features you can expect from a luxury single-family home:
- Spacious and sun-filled living spaces
- Expansive backyards or outdoor areas, usually with a built-in pool and a ramada or covered patio area for entertaining
- Kitchens equipped with chef-grade appliances, complete with granite counters, center islands, and custom cabinetry
- Master bedrooms with an ensuite bathroom and walk-in closets
- Extra rooms that can be converted into a home theater, office space, guest bedroom, or personal gym and workshop.
Luxury condominiums, on the other hand, offer its residents access to a wealth of first-class amenities such as:
- Resort-style swimming pools with hot tubs, private cabanas, and outdoor kitchen areas
- Expansive clubhouses that offer a gourmet community kitchen, media center, and social lounge
- State-of-the-art co-working spaces equipped with 24/7 tech support and customer service, high-speed internet, and smart home technology
- First-class fitness centers with the latest cardio equipment, strength training machines, yoga studios, and private steam showers
Notable neighborhoods in Chandler
Chandler has a luxury community for every kind of lifestyle, ranging from private golf communities with exquisitely designed waterways to lovely residential villages with an extensive park and trail system. Here are some of the best ones in the city:
Known as the “Venice of Chandler,” Ocotillo is a master-planned luxury community situated in the southern part of Chandler. Homeowners enjoy proximity to the Price Corridor, the city’s tech corridor and one of Arizona’s fastest-growing economic hubs, as well as Chandler Fashion Center and the city’s historic downtown area.
Covering over 1,900 acres, Ocotillo is a harmonious community made up of beautiful residential properties, homegrown businesses, and resort-like amenities. This community enjoys its own high-end downtown area, an excellent dining scene at the Ocotillo Plaza, and three golf courses at the Ocotillo Golf Resort. There are also miles of winding trails that circle around the neighborhood’s green spaces and various waterways.
Its housing inventory consists of 3,500 residential units, ranging from single-family homes to condo properties and townhomes.
Also located in south Chandler is Fulton Ranch, a 520-acre master-planned residential community. This expansive neighborhood is bordered by Arizona Avenue and the Ocotillo, Alma School, and Chandler Heights roads. Highway 87 is also nearby, providing residents with direct access to Downtown Chandler.
While San Tan Mountain Regional Park and South Mountain Park and Preserve are only a short drive away, outdoor enthusiasts will love Fulton Ranch has its own 28-acre lake system, surrounded by gorgeous landscaping, walking trails, and pocket parks with covered ramadas. Snedigar East Park sits right outside the community as well, complete with baseball and soccer fields, a recreation center, and shaded picnic areas.
This fully integrated community has its own upscale shopping centers, grocery store, and dining scene. Housing options include custom single-family homes and elegant townhomes.
Carino Estates is a well-established community consisting of single-family homes, townhouses, and condominium properties. It is located south of downtown Chandler and the neighborhood of Arden Park. Bounded by Arizona Avenue to the east, residents of this beautiful neighborhood are only a few minutes away from the restaurants, boutiques, and entertainment found in Downtown Chandler.
This family-friendly community has tree-lined streets, pockets of green spaces, and proximity to some of the best schools in the city, such as Hancock Elementary School, Bogle Junior High School, and Hamilton High School.
Carino Estates has a nearby shopping and dining district, where you can purchase fresh produce at Sprouts Farmers Market, go window shopping at Las Tiendas Village, or enjoy all-American comfort food at Black Bear Diner.
Nestled between Alma School Road and Arizona Avenue, Fox Crossing is an upscale neighborhood that combines green living with urban comforts. It is built around a 26-acre green belt, which provides residents with shaded common areas and lighted walking paths. This community is located near thriving economic centers like Price Corridor, Downtown Ocotillo, and Chandler Fashion Center.
Aside from its impressive green belt, Fox Crossing has its own 5-acre neighborhood park, complete with a kids’ playground, basketball and sand volleyball courts, picnic pavilions, and gorgeous walking trails.
Many of the properties here are single-family homes or townhomes, with sizes ranging from 1,000 square feet to over 4,000 square feet.
Living in Chandler
Before you start your search for luxury homes for sale in Chandler, AZ, here’s a glimpse of what life is like as a Chandler resident and homeowner:
A vibrant culture and local arts scene
- Chandler Museum. The Chandler Museum is the principal resource on the city’s history and cultural heritage. It manages the new East Valley History & Research Center, formerly The McCullough-Price House, as well as the Tumbleweed Ranch, an immersive outdoor learning environment located in Tumbleweed Park.
- Chandler Public Library. The Chandler Public Library system has four locations that covers all significant areas of the city. With state-of-the-art educational resources, programs, and classes, these libraries provide residents with everything they need to foster a love of reading and to pursue lifelong learning opportunities.
- Chandler Center for the Arts. First opened in 1989, the Center for the Arts began as a shared facility between the local city government and the Chandler Unified School District. It has grown into a world-class institution for art and culture, constantly staging a variety of performances, traveling productions, youth programs, and art exhibitions.
- Vision Gallery. This art gallery is the cultural center of Downtown Chandler. Situated on the City Hall campus, Vision Gallery – as well as its sister gallery at the Chandler Center for the Arts – has rotating exhibits that feature both local and international artists. It provides year-round youth programs under Vision Kidz.
Eclectic shopping and dining districts
- Downtown Chandler. This walkable, vibrant district is the center of activity in Chandler. Home to a variety of local boutiques and homegrown restaurants, Downtown Chandler has a dining scene unlike anywhere else. Here you can find a spot for every kind of palate, ranging from southern comfort food to Arizona-made food and wine pairings.
- The Shoppes at Casa Paloma. Located in West Chandler, The Shoppes at Casa Paloma is a premier outdoor shopping destination featuring both locally owned boutiques and big brand retailers. The area hosts several community events and art shows throughout the year.
- Chandler Fashion Center.This upscale regional mall is home to some of the biggest brands and retailers in the nation, including Michael Kors, Coach, H&M, Banana Republic, Apple, and more. You can hang out at The Village, an outdoor entertainment pavilion that features a 20-screen movie theater, an outdoor lawn and event space, and an array of top-quality restaurants.
- Antiques at Merchant Square. For one weekend each month, Highland Yard Vintage sets up shop behind Merchant Square for a one-of-a-kind, indoor antique shopping experience. The event features more than 200 merchants and Arizona designers, from whom you can purchase curated collectibles, jewelry, furniture, and other items for your home and yard.
Parks of all shapes and sizes
- Paseo Vista Recreation Area. This 60-acre recreation area is home to a slew of fun outdoor activities, whether it’s exploring the area’s numerous hiking trails, playing a couple of rounds on its 18-hole disc golf course, or enjoying panoramic views of the East Valley at the park’s looking point.
- Shawnee Bark Park. Shaded by large trees, this off-leash dog park has everything your beloved pet needs to have fun under the Arizona sun. Shawnee Dog Park provides guests with a well-equipped obstacle course, numerous doggy drinking fountains, and a surrounding 6-foot-high fence that lets your dog run around without any worries.
- Veterans Oasis Park. Covering over 113 acres of land, the Veterans Oasis Park & Chandler Nature Center is the best place to enjoy the natural surroundings. The park has over 4.5 miles of hiking and biking trails, as well as a self-guided Solar System Walk, an outdoor amphitheater, and various wildlife viewing areas with interpretative signs and exhibits about native plant and animal life.
- Tumbleweed Park. This park is a paradise for both kids and the kids-at-heart. Playtopia, a 2.5-acre children’s playground within the area, is made up of several themed play zones that all relate to Chandler’s heritage. Tumbleweed Park has its own Recreation Center, tennis courts, shaded picnic areas, and jogging and cycling paths.
Highly acclaimed golf courses
- San Marcos Golf Course. The first golf course to feature grass fairways in Arizona, this 18-hole, par 72 golf course in Crowne Plaza Phoenix Chandler Golf Resort has tested the skills of both professionals and novices for almost a century.
- Ocotillo Golf Club. The Ted Robinson-designed golf course at the exclusive Ocotillo Golf Club is considered one of the “Three Must-Plays” in the East Valley, with its challenging water holes, gorgeous landscaping, and top-quality golf shop.
- Bear Creek Golf Complex. Players of all levels can play a good round at this popular golf club. It has a championship-length, 71-par Bear Course for professionals and skilled golfers, as well as an easier 59-par Cub Course for beginners and casual players.
Exciting events and festivities
- The Chandler International Film Festival. This event is one of the biggest international film festivals in Arizona, screening more than 120 films from over 35 countries. The festival includes a series of filmmaker workshops, panel discussions, red-carpet events, and award ceremonies.
- Chandler Innovation Fair.As part of the statewide Arizona SciTech Festival, the city holds the Chandler Innovation Fair in February. It offers various opportunities to explore invention and science engineering, particularly its importance to the daily life of Chandler residents.
- Chandler Ostrich Festival. The Ostrich Festival is Chandler’s largest annual event. Held at Tumbleweed Park, residents and visitors alike enjoy a variety of ostrich-themed carnival games and activities, musical performances, and great food options.
- 102.5 Knix Barbeque & Beer Festival. This festival is the largest BBQ event in the state. Aside from enjoying delicious food from more than 20 BBQ pitmasters, you can also watch a great line-up of both national and local country music artists throughout the day.
- SanTan Oktoberfest. The fall season kicks off with a two-day festival held by Chandler’s largest craft brewery: the SanTan Brewing Company. Here you can sample local craft beers while enjoying live polka music, bratwurst eating contests, keg stacking competitions, carnival rides, and more.
- Chuck Wagon Cook-off. In this one-of-a-kind annual culinary competition, teams are required to serve five courses that highlight the best flavors of the Old West using authentic 1880-style chuck wagons.
- Tumbleweed Tree Lighting and Parade of Lights. Every community has their own holiday tradition, and for Chandler, it’s the lighting of the Tumbleweed Tree in Downtown Chandler. Residents can also enjoy a chat with Santa, musical performances, and a picture-perfect parade of lights.
Find the perfect luxury home in Chandler, AZ today!
Ready to begin your search for the best luxury homes for sale in Chandler, AZ? Carol Royse and her team of expert real estate agents have over 30 years’ worth of experience in the Greater Phoenix area, and can address all your real estate needs with the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism.